“That’s a fake Britt! -.- Because the REAL Brittany S. Pierce is a proud FINCHEL-SHIPPER”
“UGH! What Finn did wasn’t that bad! Get over it. It’s annoying.”
“Santana’s a bitch. She deserved it.”
Ugh…Finchel shippers/Finn stans just really irritate me in general.
Let’s go through each of these points, shall we?
1. Brittany has never actually expressed being a “proud FINCHEL-SHIPPER” as you say, in fact, she has expressed her dislike and/or irritation towards Finn and Rachel on numerous occasions.
2. Yes, what Finn did was that bad, and no we are not going to get over it. Why? Because there are people like the above who don’t think it’s a big deal, and some of Glee’s audience are impressionable young people (and some are just downright fucking stupid), who look up to Finn (unfortunately) and because the writers pretty much glorified what he did, along with every other fucking thing he does, regardless of how good his intentions were in trying to remedy it, some kids might actually take a leaf out of Finn’s book. And that’s a big problem. After all, “bad-guy” Nick outed Karofsky and look what happened to him. We’re meant to dislike Nick because he outed Karofsky. But Finn? He essentially did the same thing to Santana as Nick did to Karofsky, in fact worse because while the news of Karofsky’s sexuality was only leaked to kids at his school, Santana’s was leaked to the entire state by means of election campaign commercials. So why don’t people consider what Finn did in the same way as what Nick did. If the day after the commercial aired, Santana went out and fucking committed suicide, would people still be saying “what Finn did wasn’t that bad”? Of course not, because people’s actions nowadays are not measured by the actions themselves but by the victim’s reactions.
3. Regardless of how sarcastic she comes across, she didn’t deserve that. Nobody deserves that. And yes, I get that she’s not a real person, but there are people out there who do struggle with their sexual orientations and who deal with it in various ways. Everyone should have the right to come out in their own time, and the fact that Santana called Finn fat and said he couldn’t dance doesn’t and shouldn’t discredit that right. Not to mention that the two things weren’t on the same level. The mature thing to do is to walk away. Karofsky threatened to kill someone; did that make us feel any less bad for him when he got outed and attempted suicide?
You may be wondering why I’m actually bothering to respond to these common statements (well the first one wasn’t a common statement but I responded to it anyway) made by Finn stans. It’s not just my personal shipper preference speaking out. This issue is close to my heart because someone I was once very close to had to deal with a similar issue (wasn’t related to sexuality but it was the revelation of a very personal and difficult aspect of her life that she was dealing with but wanted to keep hidden) and I never got to see her again because she deleted her Myspace account and moved to a different city. I never got to say goodbye to my friend, but more importantly, because we lost communication, I was unable to talk to her and make sure that she was going to be okay. And that just sucks. It’s been 5 years and I still don’t know where she is.
I just want people to understand that it’s never okay to out someone, and it’s never okay to spread personal secrets about other people around. And if you think it’s okay, you really need to grow up and experience life beyond being wrapped in cotton wool and living in a little bubble where everything’s sunshine and fucking rainbows.
ALL OF THIS.
- cutiepiedumplingsugartwinkledove reblogged this from simgm and added:
- alessandramortt likes this
- meetthepancham likes this
- missphoenix7777 reblogged this from ineedamandahugandkiss and added:
- funtimes11 reblogged this from simgm
- foreverlovinglindsaypearce likes this
- sliceoftoast likes this
- stefidelly reblogged this from simgm
- nataleeluvsyou reblogged this from simgm
- stefidelly likes this
- sex-girls-vodka likes this
- mistercreezle reblogged this from simgm
- mistercreezle likes this
- frenchfangirl reblogged this from simgm
- frenchfangirl likes this
- so-farfromnever reblogged this from anothergayshark
- livinginbedlam reblogged this from simgm
- shrimpmayo reblogged this from simgm
- swagron-fabray likes this
- pamela-morris likes this
- slamsin reblogged this from simgm
- poopclub reblogged this from anothergayshark
- idreamofsubtext reblogged this from simgm and added:
- guiltlesspleasures3612 reblogged this from mykhaleesiisabadbitch
- dontbeafunsponge reblogged this from ineedamandahugandkiss
- marzah reblogged this from simgm
- finnsmangina reblogged this from simgm
- finnsmangina likes this
- xholdonforever reblogged this from simgm
- xholdonforever likes this
- magnus-blaine reblogged this from simgm
- burdenedwithgloriousfeels reblogged this from justasmallbloginabigklainefandom
- justasmallbloginabigklainefandom reblogged this from simgm and added:
- fuffylove likes this
- agronssarfati likes this
- sarfati-agronsky likes this
- kaleidoscopes-and-carousels reblogged this from simgm
- perhapsthereisstillhope reblogged this from simgm
- nayaabs reblogged this from iheartbrittana
- allthebrittanafeels reblogged this from iheartbrittana
- thatoldroad reblogged this from simgm
- ashlegion reblogged this from simgm
- likefirenrain reblogged this from simgm
- randomcanbian reblogged this from iheartbrittana
- yourbodyisanocean likes this
- iheartbrittana reblogged this from simgm
- dyosh reblogged this from patronustrip
- wolves4ever reblogged this from simgm
- mistress-drakkard reblogged this from patronustrip